January 2013-January 2015

Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 25


So this week was good for the most part. We set 3 baptismal dates. One is with Doug who is a stud. I don’t know if I told you the story but he is married to a member and they have been married for like 3 months and we started teaching him. Then out of nowhere he calls us and tells us that his wife kicked him out of the house and wants a divorce. Now he is living in Cincinnati. He has gone to church there 4 times and is still praying about the church. Most likely he will be baptized in Cincinatti because it would be weird for him if he was baptized into the ward where his ex wife is. So it’s a weird situation, but Doug is so awesome. We had a lesson with him at the church and showed him the font and had a kneeling prayer in front of the font - it was so powerful. Then we set a baptismal date with Patricia. She is engaged, we haven’t met her fiance yet, but she is solid. Then we set a date with Ronald. It’s kind of cool because we tracted into him about a month ago and he was totally not interested, but we street contacted his son the other day, and then got a text that told us to go talk to his dad so we did and set a date for Aug. 31. It was really cool. It was a great week as far as the work goes but mentally I’m not feeling much better. They upped my dose of medication but I don’t know, it will probably take another couple weeks to kick in. I’m still struggling, but I’m hanging in there. I know the Lord will watch over me and I feel his presence every day. I’m so thankful for the time that I have to serve. There’s nothing I would rather be doing. 
     This week we are going to be on bikes, because before I got here one of the other elders backed into a trailer hitch and dented the back. So we are going to get that fixed and we have a super big area so its going to stink but its good exercise I guess. So transfer calls are on Saturday. I can’t believe it’s already that time again. I kinda think I might get transferred because me and Elder Hawes have been together for 2 transfers almost and I think one of us will leave and its probably going to be me. So I will have some transfer news next week. I really don’t want to leave again because it feels like I just got here, but I think I’m probably gone.  I can’t believe I have already been out 6 months, it has gone by super fast. I can’t believe I have been in Georgetown for 2 months. But yeah, with all of the new missionaries, it’s nuts. They’re mostly sisters. There are so many of them - transfer meetings are nuts with all the new missionaries coming in. Well that’s all for this week. Hope you have a good week. I love you so much and am so thankful for all you have done for me - love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment