January 2013-January 2015

Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 14

Hey Everyone! I am staying in Bardstown and my new comp will be the new DL. That's all I really know as of now. We will go to transfers tomorrow at 10 then I will get my new comp, then we will buy food and then get back to work. We all go to a stake center in Louisville and have the transfer meeting. I haven't got any letters yet because we are going to transfers so they hold the mail for five days or so before because we will just pick them up at the mission office. I am really excited for mothers day as well. I should have info for you next week when me and my new comp make plans for it. I can't believe I have already been in the field for 12 weeks and have been gone for 3 months. It has gone by pretty fast for the most part. Some days feel like forever, but it has been really good. So the less active didn't come, she canceled last minute and we don't really know why, but we are trying to get back in contact with them. We went to the Shcmids anyway to go to family night and we gave the FHE lesson. It was fun! We had hot dogs and played soccer - it was really fun. I haven't seen Lauren yet because Corbin is not in my zone and I have no clue where Corbin even is, but I might see her at transfers. I might see Chazz as well, you never know. The patio looks really good, ya'll did a good job with it.  The Civil War Museum - the red suit was like an officer for the Confederacy I think. I'm not really sure, but it was cool, and we went inside the houses. They had some stuff in there, but nothing too exciting. The outside of them were a lot cooler. So it seems like most of the people who have a baptismal date decided to disappear and not talk to us. Other than Helena, everyone else is avoiding us and we might have to drop them if we can't get in contact with them. But hopefully not. But on the plus side, we have two new investigators who are super solid and we set a baptismal date with one of them. Her name is Kitty. She is in her 40s and she is Baptist, but she loved the restoration and committed to read the Book of Mormon. Her date is for the 22nd of June and the other one is a 16 year old boy named Dakota. He is super cool. We taught him the restoration and parts of the plan of salvation, but it's going to be a long road for him because he struggles with the word of wisdom. That basically includes the whole word of wisdom. So that's a problem, but he likes meeting with us so things are going well. WE FINALLY GOT SOMEONE TO CHURCH! I'm so excited! One of them is a less active kid who is 10 and not baptized, and the other is a brother of a recent convert. So that is really great. So Friday we had like a mini MTC where the youth in the Louisville stake came and we each got two youth to work with. We went to classes with them that missionaries taught, then we stayed the night with the missionaries in E town. There were 8 in the apartment, and like 30 all together. The youth stayed at members homes. There were like 60 of them. It was really cool. Saturday we woke up and went to the members home where the youth were staying and studied and ate breakfast with them. Then we went out to a couple of teaching  appointments. It was so much fun. The two kids I worked with were 15 and were so awesome! It was really fun. Then we had a super powerfull testimony meeting. Then we went back to bardstown and had a going away party for Elder Tolman at the Schmids. It was really fun. It was such a great week! Well, I love you.  Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment