January 2013-January 2015

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week 17



Hey Mom and Dad,  how are you? GUESS WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK? WE HAD A BAPTIZIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His name is Cody Baker and he goes to the marines in like a week. I met him on Friday and we played basketball with him on Saturday. He didn't know me or Elder Hawes very well because Elder Hawes has only been here for two weeks more than me. So Cody didnt know either one of us all that well, but I got to know him a little bit and he is a stud. He doesn't have a lot of home support, his family didn't want him to be baptized, but his girlfriend is a member and thats like the only support he has. He is so cool, and I had the privlige to baptize him. It was sooo amazing to be able to baptize him! It was the coolest feeling in the world! I can't even tell you how amazing it was, but it was sooo great! Then Elder Hawes confirmed him yesterday. It was so great. We also have an investigator who is 13 years old and has downs syndrome. I dont know how it works, but I think the bishop gave him the ok to be baptized. They said he is accountable so we are teaching him the lessons. His name is Spencer and he is such a stud! It was great! I love working with kids with special abilities. Helping Jack last year really helped because I knew how to work with him. We used a ton of pictures and played some games. It was great, Spencer is so great! I love working with him. We are also working with a part member family. We had dinner with them last night and he is going to take the lessons, so thats super great. This week has been so amazing! I love Georgetown. We also do service every Tuseday and Wednesday for 3 hours at a food bank. and yes, we have been eating lots of doughnuts at that doughnuts at that shop.  We ate there like 3 times this week - its great. We are also in a ward, which is so wierd now after being in a branch for so long. So yeah, its pretty great. I am loving Georgetown so much and its really fun having Chazz in my district too.  We get along a lot better out here than we did at home,  so thats really cool. That's crazy that Gavin and Porter leave already. I can't believe its June!  What the crap, its going by way too fast! It has already been 4 months! I can't believe it. It's so crazy, it feels like I just left and now I'm already in my second area - it's nuts.  I love the 4 elder apartment. its great. Thats cool to here about Judd's homecoming. Well I think that's it. Hope you have a great week  - the last week of school. That should be fun. Oh and can you have Bailee see if she can get Alissa Kenington's address for me? That would be great. Thanks,
Love, TJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment