January 2013-January 2015

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Week 4 - Letter from T.J.

Because of the holiday I didn't get to email, but that's ok. It was a great day because we didn't have any appointments, so all we did was knock on doors and talk to people on the street. We probably talked to 30 or so people. Some were interested and some weren't, but we had 6 new investigators and our weekly goal was 7 - so we almost made a weekly goal in one day. That was pretty awesome, but my feet were killing me by the end of the day. So I'm in Bardstown, Kentucky about an hour from Louisville.  My companion is from Brigham City, Utah and he has 3 months left so I'm probably going to be his last companion.  So on Monday we got to the mission home and met the Woodburys.  They are so awesome! And then transfer meeting was Tuesday and we got to the area and I unpacked. Then we did a little tracting, but not much. Then on Wednesday we did a lot of tracting - it was good. We are in a car area, but we had to drive to Louisville on Saturday for a meeting and that took a lot of miles, so we have to be careful now but that's ok. Sunday was good. I got to meet everyone in the branch. It was definitely different because there were like 50 people maybe, so it was small but its a good place. They wanted me to introduce myself and bear my testimony so I did. Bardstown is a smaller big town if that makes sense. They call it a small town but its not, its pretty big. I would say its about the size of Heber, maybe a bit bigger. It's really pretty here. It's awesome! We haven't been fed by members yet.  I tried to make mac and cheese  and I destroyed it. It was the nastiest thing in the world, so no more mac and cheese for me! I make a lot of casadillas, some hot dogs, cereal, basic stuff cuz I can't cook to save my life!  The people here for the most part are really nice. There are some that are rude but for the most part they are nice. It seems like everyone here has a dog -- everyone!  Its ridiculous, and most people have a word of wisdom or law of chastity problem so that's different. Oh, and it smells like beer all the time.  Its awesome - not really. So if you want to send me something or someone wants to write me a letter, tell them to send it to the mission office. I'm not sure what that is but I think you have it. Anyway, the weather is not bad.  It's really cold today, but it has been really good otherwise. It's windy a lot.  That is cool about Gavin getting his mission call. Tell him that I'm proud of him and he's going to have an awesome time on his mission. Could you do me a favor and get Jeff's address and send it to me?  That would be awesome. Well, I think that's it. I love y'all very much.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment